- 2nd prize in the Essex Poetry Festival Competition 2013 for ‘Day at the Museum’. Adjudicator: Matthew Caley.
- Highly commended in the McLellan Poetry Prize 2013 for ‘Sounds Reborn’. Judges: Peter and Ann Sansom. (Prize pictured left).
- Shortlisted for the 2013 Aesthetica Creative Writing Competition for ‘In and Out of Love’. Judge: Christine Thatcher.
- Shortlisted for the Cardiff Women’s Aid Creative Writing Competition 2013 for ‘The Bride Stripped Bare’ and ‘Womaniser’.
- Shortlisted for the 2011 Aesthetica Creative Writing Competition for ‘Bride’ and ‘Prescience’.
The Heart of the Rose. Lerwick: Shetland Islands Council, 2012.
One of six poems selected as ‘Jen’s Second Batch’ of poems to be printed and displayed on the inside doors of public toilet cubicles on Shetland, in an initiative by Shetland Public Library and its Reader in Residence, the poet Jen Hadfield.
Spotted by friends in Lerwick bus station, and available online.
From 2006-2016 I published poems in a wide range of journals, including Poetry News, Poetry Scotland, Envoi, The Dark Horse, 14 Magazine, South Bank Poetry and English. Anthology publication credits include:
- The Poet’s Quest for God, Eyewear, 2016.
- From the Saltings to the City, Poetry in Practice, 2013.
- Lung Jazz, Cinnamon Press, 2012.
- Loose Muse Anthology, Morgan’s Eye, 2012.
- Both the Poetry from Art at Tate Modern anthologies , 2010 and 2011.
Page last updated 1 September 2021.